Dani is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Dani may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3rd November 2017.
What I collect (including personally identifiable information)
Dani collects personally-identifiable information (PII) on certain areas of the site when users register, request publications or other information, sign up for conferences and events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas (such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys). The sort of information we may collect includes the following:
- Name, job title and company
- Contact information including email address and/or telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or services provided
- Technology information e.g. IP address and browsing patterns
What I do with the information we gather
Dani uses your personally-identifiable information to understand your needs, fulfill your requests for information, provide you with a better service and process your requests to participate in our events. In particular I may use your information for the following reasons:
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- I may use the information to improve our products and services.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- I may use the information to consider job applications and requests for employment opportunities
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Dani is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures and standards of operational security to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
Only authorised personnel are provided access to personally-identifiable information and these people are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, I cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other third-party websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
It should be noted that any links do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation of the third party.
A cookie is a small data file which asks permission to be stored on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or can let you know when you visit and then re-visit a particular site by remembering your details. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Users are able to refuse all cookies by turning them off in the web browser itself.
More information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve this website in order to tailor it to customer needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. These are known as session cookies.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Dani reserves all rights relating to the company’s social media channels, including but not limited to: (i) adding, removing, or modifying any content, (ii) blocking disruptive users; and (iii) discontinuing any of our social media channels at any time.
Examples of inappropriate messages include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Defamatory, malicious, obscene, intimidating, discriminatory, harassing or threatening comments; Swearing; Activity that violates any law or regulation; this includes libel.
- Spam directed at Dani or any of Followers, including any form of automatically generated content or repeatedly posting the same content.
- Content which is deemed to be misleading;
- Any potential infringement upon any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, brand names, trade names, logos, copyrights or trade secrets of any person, business or place;
- Content which is deemed to be off-topic or that has been created to disrupt the purposes of the channel or its Followers;
- Content posted by fake or anonymous users.
To protect your privacy when sharing personal information such as phone numbers and addresses please use the Direct Message feature on Twitter. Comments may be forwarded to other Dani departments and personnel to ensure appropriate follow-up.
All Terms and Conditions of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, and Google+ apply, respectively.
Controlling your personal information
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen via the online form.